Monday, February 14, 2011

Love Is Like Fire. By Peter Riedeman

"If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him to drink, for in so doing you will heap fiery coals on his head". Romans 12:20

Perhaps this kindness may affect him so that he considers deeply and turns over a new leaf. He will think, "I treat this man badly, and he repays me with kindness and does all he can to serve me and is my friend. Oh, what am I doing? I want to change and do as he does - leave the evil and pursue the good, for what does it help me to live in wickedness and oppose the will of God?"
When this takes place - when you move a human being to have a good conscience - you have helped a soul from death to life, which is sure to be rewarded by God... The evildoer will say in his heart (even though he does not let it be seen), "this man accepts everything patiently that I maliciously do to him, and is so ready to do good to me - he is truly better than I am." In this way your well-doing becomes a witness to him. Such love is a band of perfection. But if he does not better himself and repent after such a witness, he increases God's wrath upon him in the day of judgment.

1 comment:

  1. "Love one another with brotherly affection and each serve the other". Christ gave us this command. Also "Love your neighbor as yourself." But love of one's neighbor, as Christ himself teaches, consists of this: what you would like men to do to you, do to them first - then you will fulfill God's law. Now, no one desires evil to befall him:he desires good from all, therefore, in obedience, we should first show men love, loyalty, and goodness then they will not speak against the praise of God. In this way we gladly make ourselves of service to all men for Christ's sake, that his name be praised through us, also by unbelievers, for when they see how we serve they will have no ground for blasphemy."

    Also in my own experience, Jean, it is very hard if not impossible to stay neutral to an enemy, especially if you see this person everyday or even regularly, if you avoid or ignore this person the enmity grows, but if you show kindness the animosity lessens....
    That being said, if even our very presence annoys this person, then it is still our duty to do as Jesus commanded in Matt 6:44. "Pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you".
    Romans 13:18. " If it be possible, as much as lieth with you, live peaceably with all men".

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Another World.

Gazing at the stars tonight I feel a feeling start to grow An awesomeness, a hunger for something that I don't know I can feel it pull...