Saturday, February 26, 2011

Hutterite Cowboy.

I'm just a hutterite cowboy
That's what I love to be
Up on that well worn saddle
Sure feels like home to me
When riding down that dusty trail
My cow-dog by my side
There's nothing better in this world
Then doing this cowboy ride

Yee-haw here we go
Feeling that wind blow by
Letting loose with a cowpoke yell
Oh, isn't this the life

Getting up before the sunrise
Sure feels good to me
Breathing in that cool fresh air
Feels like harmony
Before those city folk get up
Before they start to stir
I'm out under that morning sky
Singing with all the birds

But hey, it isn't all just fun
As you already know
We cowboys have to work so hard
To bring in a little dough
Its hey, go fix that barbwire fence
And hey, go move those cows
And then, go clean the old corral
Good thing we got knowhow

So when you city folk sit down
At your fancy eating place
And start out with a little wine
(We hope you first say grace)
But don't that menu look so good
When the feature is on steak
The cowboy was a hutterite
That raised it for your plate

Yee-haw here we go
So happy, wild and free
Away from all the smoke and noise
They call the big city
Yee-haw let's head out
Let's turn that baby loose
Let's saddle up and start to ride
This country is my home

And when I see you passing by
That four lane, fancy car
Don't wonder why I wave to you
When I see you from afar
Because I'm under Gods big sky
Under his clouds 'n sun
I'm kinda feeling sorry guys
For having all the fun

For you see I love this simple life
Out on the open range
Just me, the cow, the horse, the bull
And please don't think me strange
And do not try to wipe that smile
That's plastered on my face
This is my life: my hopes n dreams
This is my special place

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Another World.

Gazing at the stars tonight I feel a feeling start to grow An awesomeness, a hunger for something that I don't know I can feel it pull...