Monday, February 21, 2011

Jesus du allein

Jesus only ye.
Shall my leader be.
Show to me your holy pathways.
All your truth and narrow walkways.
Stay with strength by me.
That I follow thee.

While you came for those.
That you saw were lost.
To lead them back to salvation.
Losing no lambs to perdition.
As a knave I plead.
To you Lord me lead.

True and good shepherd.
When you see I've have erred.                
Lost little sheep out in the wild-earth.
Take me to your fold and safe-hearth.
Lead me back please do.
That I am with you.

When time comes to die.
Please be by my side.
Lead me on through deaths dark valley.
And prepare me for great glory.
That I see me stand.
Near at your right hand.

2 comments:

  1. I've tried this before, years ago- this translating of our hymns into English. Admittedly, I was probably to young even grasp what they really meant [the essence of them, so to speak] so I never got far.

    The ones that I've read here so far, they're good. You do a good job. "Jesus only ye, shall my leader be' got me with this one: that's brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Another World.

Gazing at the stars tonight I feel a feeling start to grow An awesomeness, a hunger for something that I don't know I can feel it pull...