Monday, June 20, 2011

Wetberry Bold.

Saturday evening relaxing in my favorite spot I was going through emails on my brand new blackberry , checking the weather radar, and just generally admiring this highly sophisticated piece of modern engineering when all of a sudden it just fell out my hands. Now that may not seem as too big a deal and most of the time it isn't but given that my favorite Saturday evening relaxing spot is the bathtub the fall had some dire consequences.
 I watched in horror as my blackberry slipped out of my hands and in slow motion gracefully dived into the lavender scented bath bubbles.
Memories of the hard earned 700 dollars I had paid for it a short month ago ripped through my brain. I frantically dove in after the elusive berry. Desperately grasping I found it right away only to have it squirt out immediately. With both hands I finally corralled it and threw it out unto the waiting towels. I was out right after it and tore open the back cover to extract the battery but not before I glimpsed at the dripping face to see the last light fading from the screen.
 Oh no, I thought, how stupid could I possibly be to take a sub-thousand dollar phone into the bathtub!
 Well, I immediately  took some toilet paper and started to dab off the dripping water from the battery cavity and the front face and keyboard all the while with a sinking feeling in my stomach.
 With the greatest of care I took the various pieces of my now disassembled phone and laid them gently out top of the fan part of my dehumidifier which I had going down in my basement to dry out all the spring moisture which had abundantly taken over my downstairs.
 Oh well I thought, I'll let it dry out overnight and then in the morning see if I'm lucky or not.
 Sunday morning I go check on the phone where I placed it in front of the fan, feel it and by gum it looks and feels dry. So holding my breath I slowly insert the battery and then turn it over to see if it'll start up. The  power light comes on, yes siree, "come on baby, please start up" I say. The screen lights up and the progress bar starts to move, "Ah", I say, while slowly releasing my breath, when all of a sudden the screen starts to flicker, "Oh No" I cry, but to no avail. The screen flashed twice as if to say goodbye and then it died. No Sunday morning resurrection was in the cards for my beloved blackberry.
Mentally kicking myself for even taking my phone close to the bathroom I put the battery cover back on and gently and sadly laid my berry on the end table beside my lazy boy where it had laid so many times before.

To be continued...coming soon..... "Phone withdrawal syndrome. "

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Another World.

Gazing at the stars tonight I feel a feeling start to grow An awesomeness, a hunger for something that I don't know I can feel it pull...