Monday, April 30, 2012

What Is The Cowboy?

For what is the cowboy?
He's wild and he's  free
Oh, I feel the cowboy
Stirring in me

The cowboy needs spaces
Like an eagle up high
The cowboy wants nothing
'Tween him and the sky.

A campfire in the open
As evening draws nigh
The stars his entertainment
Night sounds his lullaby.

The Meadowlark awakens
With a song so clear and pure
The epitome of nature
That the cowboy calls home.

The early morning breezes
Wipes the dew from the rose.
He saddles up his mustang
And westward he goes.


Now I'm sitting in this folks home
Fading dreams and dignity
But no one takes the cowboy
From out of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Another World.

Gazing at the stars tonight I feel a feeling start to grow An awesomeness, a hunger for something that I don't know I can feel it pull...