Thursday, December 15, 2011

War On Christmas.

There's a war declared on Christmas
War on Nativity
War on this festive season
And all things Christmassy. 

No Christmas songs at Walmart
No Carolers at night
No wish of 'Merry Christmas'
Christmas is sanitized.

No Christmas in the classroom
No Christmas now at work
What in the World will happen next,
No Christmases at church?

We're ashamed to share His story
With our children and our peers
For fear of being old fashioned
In this Twenty First century. 

Let's reclaim this Christmas season
With all it's hope and cheer
Let's end this War on Christmas
And keep it near and dear. 

Let's greet with 'Merry Christmas'
In the stores and in the street
In the workplace and the office
To everyone we meet!

"MERRY CHRISTMAS "

4 comments:

  1. But for us who know the real reason for this season: Christmas starts in our hearts and spreads to our homes, communities, neighbors, people in our lives near and far...yes, Blessed Christmas everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Louie, I don't know how things are in Canada, but I'm in California, and Christmas is alive and well here.

    I'd hate to see it come to a point where saying Merry Christmas becomes an act of aggression, rather than a real wish for joy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'Merry Christmas' libbiali, I'm really glad to hear that Christmas is still alive and well in California, and I hope it stays that way. It is with heavy heart I tell you that Christmas is badly wounded in my part of the country. Will have more on that later. God Bless

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Another World.

Gazing at the stars tonight I feel a feeling start to grow An awesomeness, a hunger for something that I don't know I can feel it pull...