Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Ach, Das Mein Herz Ein Alter Wär.

Oh, how I wish my heart would be
An altar, sweet with prayer
Offering worship, awe and praise
To the Lamb of God so fair.

This faithful worthy Lamb of God
Saved me from heinous hell
In bitter pain hung from the cross
Love kept him tethered there.

Knew I not of this Lamb a thing
For naught it all would be
And on that certain judgement day
A fatal sentence see.

I know this Lamb of God carries
The sins of all mankind
For us a shame and curse was He
A ransom for all time.

A ransom great that us redeems
That does enough for all
It quells the woe and pain of sin
That ransom is His blood.

Praise God that we are now redeemed
Hallelujah I sing
Saved by His blood on Calvary
Unworthy men are we.

Where have my trespasses gone to?
That sea of grace so deep
I know that Righteous Lamb of God
Will of them never speak.

I know to Him I'm loved and dear
That Lamb of God that died
My hearts journey is now complete
And I am satisfied.

I fear no longer toil nor death
Nor enemies distress
His holy wounds that ran so red
I now can safely rest.

So heart be glad and spirit sing
And praise quell up inside
The source where all this peace comes from;
The Lambs blood as He died.

Hallelujah, praise Deity
O Lamb of God so fair
Oh, how I wish my heart would be
An alter filled with prayers.

2 comments:

  1. Who really wrote these words?.....as new as the day they were penned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No doubt a confident early Christian with a soul full of peace and praise. And what trials and tribulations  this author went through to achieve this state of soul would be an interesting story for sure...

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Another World.

Gazing at the stars tonight I feel a feeling start to grow An awesomeness, a hunger for something that I don't know I can feel it pull...