Sunday, September 16, 2018

Is Hell Our Own Making?

I think hell is a product of our own making and choices.

 If we choose not to let Jesus live and reign in our hearts and bodies (our earthly temple) then God will respect that choice. When we breathe our last and enter the next world, whatever is in our heart here will still be in our heart there. If God is not in our heart, we will face eternity without God. And that is hell.
 If God is all that is good, then whatever is evil is all that remains. And that is hell.
 Much like when you extract all the light out of a room, all that is left is darkness. 
  When Jesus prayed in the garden of Gethsemane, he feared something so terrible that he sweat drops of blood. Yes, he fully understood what manner of death he was going to die and how terribly he was to suffer. But he also knew that for a period of time his Father would forsake him, as on the cross he cried out with a loud voice, saying, “Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?”

 And in that moment Jesus knew what it felt like to be in the total absence of God. And that, my friends, is hell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Another World.

Gazing at the stars tonight I feel a feeling start to grow An awesomeness, a hunger for something that I don't know I can feel it pull...